0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Rear wiper, DSC - Dynamic Stability Control, Apple car play/Android Auto, PAS, Engine start/stop button, Trip computer, Auto dimming door mirrors, i-stop, CD player, Body coloured bumpers, Coming/leaving home lighting function...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 0 mpg EC Extra Urban - 0 mpg EC Urban - 0.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Mazda's third compact SUV is this car, the CX-30. It borrows its engineering from the Mazda3 hatch, but clothes it with the trendier SUV body styling that family buyers now increasingly want. Consider it carefully if you're not fussed about having a premium badge, like the idea of eye-catching looks and cutting-edge engineering and find yourself interested in trendy segment contenders like Toyota's C-HR and Ford's Puma.
Really, this car ought to be called the 'CX-4'. It does, after all, sit between the CX-3 and the CX-5 in Mazda's SUV line-up. Unfortunately for European zone continuity though, the 'CX-4' badge already exists in the Chinese market, where it's applied to quite a different car, so the model we're going to look at here has adopted a 'CX-30' moniker. Glad we got that cleared up. Basically what we've got here is a Crossover version of the Mazda3 family hatch - no bad thing; that's the sort of product the market wants. It features the second chapter of the brand's 'KODO' design language and a clever Skyactiv-X petrol engine we really liked when we tried it in the Mazda3. Sounds promising.
Mazda is offering a choice of two engines to CX-30 buyers, both petrol-powered and both borrowed from the Mazda3 hatch. The base unit is a 122PS 2.0-litre Skyactiv-G petrol powerplant (a mild hybrid). We'd suggest though, that you try and stretch to the alternative engine, the brand's more advanced Skyactiv-X Spark Controlled Compression Ignition engine, a 180PS supercharged unit which runs on petrol but uses a combination of spark ignition and compression ignition to deliver, Mazda claims, the driver appeal of a petrol unit along with the fuel efficiency and torque of a diesel. This Skyactiv-X powerplant is able to switch from compression ignition, which best suits day-to-day driving, to a form of spark ignition, generally when the engine is started from cold or the driver demands maximum power at high revs. The 'X' engine comes paired with front wheel drive or four wheel drive and either way, there's the choice of manual or automatic transmission. Mazda isn't bothering to offer the diesel powerplant that's available on this car in other markets. The drive dynamics aren't very different from those of the Mazda3 hatch, which means that they're very good indeed. It also means that this car gets the slickest-shifting manual gearbox you can have in the compact SUV segment.
Design and Build
Mazda reckons that the CX-30 combining the bold stance of an SUV with the sleek profile of a coupe, styling that's supposed to be a sophisticated evolution of the brand's KODO design philosophy. Looks are certainly one reason why you might want to consider this car. The other reason you might want to consider this model would be if you liked the Mazda3 hatch but found it lacking in terms of rear seat space and luggage room. The CX-30 certainly does better than its showroom sibling in these two regards, though legroom in the back still isn't what you'd call generous. Headspace in the rear is quite good, but the D-pillar is substantial, which darkens the interior rear half of the car quite a lot. The 430-litre boot is a big improvement on the limited trunk you get in the Mazda3, a substantial 135-litres bigger. Mind you, it's still quite a bit smaller than the space you'd get in something like a comparably-priced BMW X1. As in the Mazda3, the front-of-cabin experience is impressive, with a digital instrument cluster display and a big, clear 8.8-inch screen on top of the dash nicely angled towards the driver. And there's a lower rotary controller for it so you don't have to stab away at inexact touchscreen functionality in the kind of way that's necessary with many rival set-ups.
Market and Model
CX-30 prices sit in the £23,000-£33,000 bracket, spread across five trim levels, 'SE-L', 'SE-L Lux', 'Sport Lux', 'GT Sport' and 'GT Sport Tech'. Every version features a colour windscreen projecting head-up display, radar cruise control and LED headlights. With a choice of eight exterior colours, 'SE-L' and 'SE-L Lux' cars feature 16-inch grey metallic wheels, while from 'Sport Lux' onwards, 18-inch wheels are standard: silver metallic on Skyactiv-G and bright silver metallic on Skyactiv-X models. Inside, premium dark grey cloth with navy blue accents is standard, as is a 7-inch TFT instrument display. So is an 8.8-inch central infotainment screen incorporating Navigation, an 8-speaker DAB audio system and 'Apple CarPlay' and 'Android Auto' smartphone-mirroring. There's also radar cruise control, Smart Brake Support autonomous braking and Intelligent Speed Assist, which can adapt your velocity according to posted speed limits. 'GT Sport' and 'GT Sport Tech' models feature black leather with rich brown accents or (for £200 more), stone-coloured leather. The plushest models get niceties like a 12-speaker Bose surround system. And a 360-degree View Monitor camera system.
Cost of Ownership
Let's get to the figures. The base petrol Skyactiv-G engine manages 45.6mpg on the WLTP combined cycle and 116g/km of CO2. Or 42.8mpg and 126g/km as an auto. We'd recommend you try and stretch to the more powerful but, conversely, more economic Skyactiv-X petrol unit, which improves that showing to 47.9mpg and 105g/km as a manual or 43.5mpg and 118g/km as an auto. This same Skyactiv-X petrol engine also comes with AWD. In this guise, it manages 43.5mpg and 111g/km as a manual or 40.4mpg and 128g/km as an auto. We should also mention the warranty, the usual unremarkable three year / 60,000 mile package. If you want to extend that, you can do so via optional 'Essential', 'Elite' and 'Complete' plans. Included in the standard package is a three year paintwork warranty and 12 years of anti-perforation cover. In addition, there's a 'Mazda Accident Aftercare' scheme which sees the company liaise with your insurer after an accident, making sure that you have access to a courtesy car if you need one and ensuring that all repairs are carried out to full Mazda standards.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Mazda Cx-30 2.0 Skyactiv-G MHEV SE-L Lux 5dr Auto Petrol Hatchback for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best Mazda Cx-30 2.0 Skyactiv-G MHEV SE-L Lux 5dr Auto Petrol Hatchback deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Solid - Arctic White
- Solid paint
- Cloth - Premium dark grey with navy blue accents
- Rear wiper
- Rain sensing front wipers with adjustable speed and intermittent wipe
- Electric front/rear windows with one touch auto up/down
- DSC - Dynamic Stability Control
- Emergency stop signalling system
- Hill Launch assist
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- G-Vectoring control plus
- Electronic parking brake with auto disengage function and auto hold function
- Front smart city brake support
- Mild Hybrid system with regenerative braking
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Apple car play/Android Auto
- E-call with GPS
- Integrated bluetooth
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Drive Mode Selector
- Blind spot monitoring with rear cross traffic alert
- Intelligent speed assist
- Driver attention alert system
- Lane keep assist system (LAS) with Lane departure warning system (LDWS)
- Adaptive cruise control (Mazda radar cruise control) features stop and go
- Engine start/stop button
- Power lift gate
- Integrated Mazda navigation system
- Trip computer
- Service indicator
- Thatcham accredited alarm and immobiliser
- 8.8" Colour centre touch screen display with Mazda Connect infotainment
- 7" TFT Colour driver instrument panel display
- Window projected colour active driving display (head up display) with traffic sign recognition
- Auto dimming door mirrors
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Body coloured, electrically adjustable, heated auto power folding door mirrors with integrated indicators
- Auto dimming driver's door mirror
- Cylinder Deactivation
- CD player
- 2 USB charging ports
- Steering wheel mounted audio/bluetooth controls
- Multimedia Commander including separate volume dial
- AM / FM / DAB radio with 8 speakers
Exterior Body Features
- Body coloured bumpers
- Dual chrome exhaust
- Piano black rear roof spoiler
- Front grille in material black finish
- B-pillar and C-pillar garnishes in material black finish
- Gloss black rear roof spoiler
- Coming/leaving home lighting function
- LED third brake light
- LED rear combination lights with LED rear turn lights
- Dusk sensing headlights
- LED headlights with halogen daytime running lights and high beam control
- Front kodo turn signal
- Rear fog lights
- LED headlamps with auto levelling
- Front and rear LED lighting
- Dual zone climate control air conditioning with rear air vents
- Roof mounted sunglasses holder
- Leather wrapped gear shift knob
- Front armrest
- Electrical power outlet
- Front passenger and two rear grab handles with coathooks
- Folding rear centre armrest with two cup holders
- Cloth upholstery with interior accents
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with telescopic and tilt adjustment
- Front centre storage with two cupholders
- Front and rear door pockets
- 12V power outlet in centre console
- Cloth door panel inserts
- Dashboard, door cards and front centre armrest in navy blue cloth
- Glovebox illumination
- Luggage compartment light
- Front side airbags
- Front and rear curtain airbags
- Driver/Front Passenger airbags
- Drivers knee airbag
- Front passenger airbag cut-off switch
- Three point rear seat belts
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Seatbelt reminder for driver/front passenger and rear seats
- 3 point ELR front seat belts x2 with pretensioners
- 3 point ELR rear seat belts
- Driver seat manual slide, recline and height adjust
- ISOFIX child seat anchorage points attached on outer rear seats
- Front passengers seat manual slide, recline and height adjustment
- 60/40 split fold down rear seats
- Front and rear (x3) head restraints
- Heated front seats with 3 stage setting
- Driver and front passenger with covered vanity mirror and driver ticket holder
- Rear passenger seat map pockets
- Smart keyless entry
- Remote central locking with deadlocking and automatic door lock when driving
Wheels - Alloy
- 16" Grey metallic alloy wheels
Wheels - Spare
- Emergency tyre repair kit
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 11.2
- Engine Power - BHP 122
- Engine Power - KW 90
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 6000
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 157
- Engine Torque - NM 213
- Engine Torque - RPM 4000
- Top Speed 116
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.