0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Electric front windows + one touch + anti-pinch, ESP with Hill Assist, Smart phone docking station, Front and rear parking sensors, Push button start, Multi function trip computer, Frameless electrochrome interior rear view mirror...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 0 mpg EC Extra Urban - 0 mpg EC Urban - 0.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Peugeot says that with this second generation 208, it wanted to create 'the sexiest small hatch in the purest way'. Certainly, no effort's been spared here: there's a new platform, a fresh look and a completely redesigned interior, all of it targeting what the brand hopes will be a younger buyer. There's an all-electric version too.
What exactly should a supermini be? Affordable? Economical? Practical? All these things are important of course, but if you're a car maker and that's all you create to sell in this segment, then you'd better be prepared to sell it very cheaply. Even in this humble category you see, buyers are now expecting more in terms of style, innovation and technology. In fact, they're expecting something more like this, Peugeot's MK2 model 208. This, the latest in Peugeot's long running line of 'two zero' cars could hardly be more important for the French brand. It switches the company's supermini on to a properly modern chassis, the CMP platform for B and C segment cars that's shared with the DS 3 Crossback and the new Vauxhall Corsa. Crucially, this can support both fossil-fuelled engines and all-electric powertrains - and does in this case. As a result, Peugeot reckons it has an answer in this car no matter what the target customer is looking for. Perhaps.
Engine-wise, there are three petrol units and a single diesel to choose from. If you know the Peugeot brand, you might not be too surprised to hear that the available petrol units are all 1.2-litre three cylinder PureTech powerplants, in this case developing either 75, 100 or 130hp. The 100hp unit is optionally available with an 8-speed EAT8 auto gearbox. The 130hp engine gets the auto 'box included. We've not previously seen an automatic with 8-speeds in the supermini sector. The diesel is the company's usual 1.5-litre BlueHDi engine with 100hp. As for the all-electric e-208 version, well just one variant of that will be available featuring a 50kWh battery mated to a 100kW electric motor, this confection developing a healthy 134hp. Of course, as you'd expect in a modern supermini, you can get all the usual driver assistance features. things like lane keep assist to stop you from drifting out of your lane, with subtle steering intervention to ease you back to where you ought to be. And an autonomous parking system which is capable of automatically controlling acceleration, braking and steering when entering or leaving a parking space. there's also a traffic sign recognition system that can work with the integrated speed limiter and make sure that you never exceed the stated limit of the road you're on.
Design and Build
The second generation 208 is larger, lower and wider than its predecessor and borrows inspiration for its silhouette from the brand's old 205 supermini of the Nineties. The base of the windscreen has been pushed back and there's more of a shoulder line to the bodywork below the window line. At the front, there's a large, intricately detailed grille with triple white LED headlights and some eye-catching LED daytime running light 'fangs'. At the back, the lines are more curvaceous and defined than with the previous model, the rear screen is more angled and there's a glassy black centre section housing triple red LED lights on each side. Inside, this 208 gains Peugeot's 'i-Cockpit' design philosophy in its latest form. There's a classy 3D driver display and a central TFT infotainment screen available in 5-inch, 7-inch or 10-inch sizes, depending on spec. A really nice cabin detail is the fold-down flap under the 'piano key'-style keys that decorate the centre console, concealing an area which can house your smartphone in several different ways while it charges - either inductively or via two charging points. And the area has an angled lip so that you can view your 'phone's screen while it's charging. At the back of this 208, you'll find decent passenger space for a car of this size. And Peugeot's keen to point out that the e-208 all-electric version has the same amount of rear seat legroom and boot space as the fossil fuelled derivatives.
Market and Model
Prices start from just over £16,000 and run up to around £23,500 for the conventionally-engined models. Buyers choose from base trim, then 'Active', 'Allure', 'GT Line' and 'GT' specifications. The full-electric e208 is offered in all but base trim, at prices starting from around £25,000 (following subtraction of the £3,500 government Plug-in car Grant). With the e-208, access to charging points via the PSA Group's 'Free2Move' service is included. As you'd expect, a wide range of driver assistance and safety technologies are available this time round. Go for the auto gearbox (or an e-208 model) and the adaptive cruise control system you can have has the ability to make the car automatically stop and go in heavy traffic. You can have this system with a manual gearbox too, where it operates down to 18mph. Lane departure warning, auto parking and blind spot monitoring systems are available too. Go for a variant with the largest 10-inch centre dash infotainment display and you'll get built-in navigation, plus 'Apple CarPlay'/'Android Auto' smartphone-mirroring.
Cost of Ownership
Expect the 1.2-litre PureTech petrol variants that most will buy to be very acceptably clean and frugal. With the 100hp manual model, you can expect to manage up to 53.0mpg on the WLTP combined cycle and return an NEDC-rated CO2 reading of up to 96g/km, which is pretty good going for a car in this segment. The 1.5-litre BlueHDi diesel version of course does much better. Up to 71.4mpg on the combined cycle is theoretically possible, along with up to 84g/km of NEDC-rated CO2. But of course if you're really interested in ecological efficiency, there'll be just one variant of this car that'll interest you, the all-electric e-208. For this derivative, Peugeot claims a WLTP-rated driving range between charges of 211 miles. And fast charging at the rate of 100kW is available via a CCS socket hidden behind the fuel cap, with an 0-80% charge achievable in around 30 minutes. If you install a wallbox at home, you can recharge the battery from empty in around five hours if you have an 11kW electricity supply - or in around eight hours with a 7.4kW supply. Bear in mind that the e-208 is around 350kgs heavier than the ordinary version.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Peugeot 208 1.2 PureTech 130 GT Line 5dr EAT8 Petrol Hatchback for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best Peugeot 208 1.2 PureTech 130 GT Line 5dr EAT8 Petrol Hatchback deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Metallic - Faro yellow
- Metallic paint
- Tri material cloth/leather upholstery
- Piano keys gloss black plated toggle switches to access touchscreen functions
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with 7" capacitive colour touchscreen
- Lane keep assist
- Programmable cruise control and speed limiter
- Tri material leather/cloth - Capy/isabella trim with lime green double stitching
- Electric front windows + one touch + anti-pinch
- Electric rear windows + anti-pinch
- Tailgate with heated rear windscreen and wiper blade
- Dark tinted Rear side and tailgate windows
- Front windscreen wiper with magic wash cleaning system
- Rear windscreen wiper triggered automatically in reverse gear
- Electric rear windows with one touch/anti-pinch
- ESP with Hill Assist
- Electric parking brake
- Front and rear disc brakes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Braking Distribution) and EBA (Emergency Braking Assistance)
- Smart phone docking station
- Bluetooth telephone facility
- Smartphone charging plate
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Peugeot connect SOS and assistance
- Driver attention warning
- Speed limit recognition and recommendation
- Visio Park 1 with 180 degree Colour reversing camera
- Push button start
- Multi function trip computer
- Mirror screen with mirror link, apple carplay and andriod auto
- Exterior temperature indicator with ice warning
- 2 front USB socket with USB-C
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with compact steering wheel
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with configurable 3D headup instrument panel
- Frameless electrochrome interior rear view mirror
- Electrically adjustable, heated and power folding door mirrors
- Carbon effect Dashboard, front and rear door panel finish
- DAB Digital radio
- 2x USB sockets in rear
- Voice recognition for radio, navigation and telephony features
- 6 speakers radio with mp3 compatible
Exterior Body Features
- Twin chrome exhaust tailpipes
- Gloss black finish on B pillar
- Diamond black roof decals
- Gloss black rear cluster connecting strip
- Nera black door mirror shells
- Model designation badges front and rear
- Rear lower bumper diffuser effect trim in gloss black
- Body coloured exterior door handles
- Stainless steel door sill scuff plates
- Radiator grille - Dark chrome chequered and gloss black edge trim
- GT Line model designation badging on C pillar
- GT Line model designation badging on tailgate
- Gloss black wheel arch extensions
- Gloss black window surround
- Extended diamond black rear spoiler
- Diamond Black roof
- Rear bumper with gloss black finish
- Follow me home headlights
- Headlights left on audible warning
- LED side indicator lights integrated into door mirrors
- 2 X Rear number plate lights
- Rear reversing lights
- Automatic lights
- Automatic windscreen wipers
- LED daytime running lights with 3 claw headlight with distinctive tooth design
- Full LED headlights with smartbeam assist
- Rear full LED 3D peugeot signature claw effect lights with daylight function
- Dual zone electronic climate control
- Front centre armrest with storage compartment
- Centre console with cupholders
- 12V socket
- Roof lining - Mistral black
- Automatic gear lever in full grain leather and satin chrome
- Electric power steering with reach and rake adjustable steering column
- Aluminium pedals and foot rest
- Mistral full grain perforated leather steering wheel with aikinite stitch detail and satin chrome 'GT' emblem
- Map pockets on the backs of the front seats
- Piano keys gloss black plated toggle switches to access main functions of the vehicle
- Front and rear carpet mats in black with lime green stitch detail
- Lime green contrast stitching to armrest, front centre console, door panels and dashboard facia
- High centre console with 2 cup holders
- 8 Colour personalisable ambient lighting
- Front LED interior light with 2 reading spotlights and rear interior light with timer
- Tyre pressure sensor
- Front and rear curtain airbags
- Driver/front passenger side airbags
- Front three point retractable seatbelts with force limiters
- 3x Front optimised safety headrests and rear retractable headrests with height adjustable
- Driver and passenger airbags with Passenger airbag deactivation system
- 2x 2nd row ISOFIX child seat mountings
- Child locking functionality on rear doors
- Active safety brake with night fuction/cyclists/pedestrians
- 3 point seatbelts on all rear seats
- 1/3 to 2/3 split folding rear seats
- Seatbelt unfastened on the move audible and visual alert for front and rear seats
- Driver and front passenger seat manual adjustment in longitudinal and back rest angle
- ISOFIX child seat mounting points on passenger seat
- Driver and front passenger seat mechanical height adjustment
- Driver and front passenger sport seats
- Thatcham Cat.1 alarm
- Automatic hazard light activation upon heavy brake application
- Electronic code immobiliser
- Automatic door locking when moving off
Wheels - Alloy
- 17" Camden diamond cut two tone alloy wheels
Wheels - Spare
- Space saver spare wheel
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 8.7
- Engine Power - BHP 129
- Engine Power - KW 96
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 5500
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 170
- Engine Torque - NM 230
- Engine Torque - RPM 1750
- Top Speed 129
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.