0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Tailgate with heated rear windscreen and wiper blade, Electric parking brake, Smart phone docking station, Lane keep assist, Push button start, Multi function trip computer, Electrochrome rear view mirror...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 0 mpg EC Extra Urban - 0 mpg EC Urban - 0.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Peugeot's second generation 2008 is a small SUV that offers an arguably more sophisticated take on the kind of little urban Crossover-style design popularised by cars like Nissan's Juke. Supermini-based, it offers all the advantages of that compact runabout you were thinking of, together with the kind of added space, style and light off road driveability you probably never expected to be able to enjoy on a small car budget. This MK2 design gets a new platform, a fresh look and a completely redesigned interior, all of it targeting what the brand hopes will be a younger buyer. There's an all-electric version too.
Fashion can take many forms, especially when it comes to segments in the automotive market. Here, we're going to look at one of them, the supermini-based compact SUV Crossover, epitomised in this case by this second generation version of Peugeot's 2008. Its chosen sector may be fashion-led but here's a car that still emphasises sense and sensibility in what has become an ever-more competitive class. Over half a million versions of the first generation 2008 were sold and Peugeot has similarly high hopes for this, its successor. It switches to a properly modern chassis, the CMP platform for B and C segment cars that's used by the MK2 Peugeot 208 and also shared with the DS 3 Crossback and the new Vauxhall Corsa. Crucially, this can support both fossil-fuelled engines and all-electric powertrains - and does in this case. Will it all be enough to allow this contender to retain its place as one of the more popular picks in this sector? Let's find out.
Despite its beefy looks, the 2008 is still front-wheel drive only. Engine-wise, there are three very different powertrains to choose from. If you know the Peugeot brand, you might not be too surprised to hear that the available petrol unit is the 1.2-litre three cylinder PureTech powerplant, in this case developing either 100, 130 or 155hp. The base version is manual only and the 130hp model is optionally available with an 8-speed EAT8 auto gearbox that you have to have on the fastest derivative. The diesel is the company's usual 1.5-litre BlueHDi engine with 100hp. As for the all-electric e-2008 version, well just one variant of that will be available featuring a 50kWh battery mated to a 100kW electric motor, this confection developing a healthy 134hp and offering a claimed maximum WLTP range of 193 miles. Of course, as you'd expect in a modern supermini-based small SUV, you can get all the usual driver assistance features. things like lane keep assist to stop you from drifting out of your lane, with subtle steering intervention to ease you back to where you ought to be. And an autonomous parking system which is capable of automatically controlling acceleration, braking and steering when entering or leaving a parking space. there's also a traffic sign recognition system that can work with the integrated speed limiter and make sure that you never exceed the stated limit of the road you're on.
Design and Build
The 2008 features a higher driving position than the 208 and it's longer too. Visually, it resembles a smaller 3008, being only 150mm shorter than that car, even though it sits on the PSA Group's small car platform. Peugeot's Exterior styling director Yann Beurel has given the 2008 a unique character, especially at the front where the all-LED lighting features claw and fang-like daytime running lights, while sharp triangular "scalps" feature on the bodywork above the wheels and form a single line across the doors. At the rear, a black plastic strip joins the LED light clusters to emphasise the car's width, while a black roof is standard on top 'GT' and 'GT Line' variants. Inside, this MK2 model 2008 sets a new standard for cabin quality, with more soft-touch surfaces than you'll find in the various rival Volkswagen Group small SUVs. The central section of the dashboard wraps around into the doors and features a carbon-fibre-like finish that's springy to the touch. You get more space inside than was offered by the first generation 2008, thanks to a 60mm longer wheelbase this time round, plus an overall length increase of 140mm. Width is up by 30mm. As a result, even with a six-foot tall driver up-front, someone of similar height could sit behind comfortably. The cargo area is 10-litres larger than before at 434-litres. And there's a false floor that can be positioned to create additional space beneath.
Market and Model
Previously, the 2008 wasn't the most affordable supermini-based SUV on the market - and it still isn't. Pricing sits in the £20,000 to £35,000 bracket. There's a choice of 'Active', 'Allure', 'GT Line' and 'GT' trim. Peugeot expects the 'GT Line' variants to be particularly popular; these come with 18-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED headlamps, a black tailgate spoiler, a contrasting black roof, a dark chrome radiator grille and a sporty body kit with a matte chrome chin spoiler and a faux diffuser. Inside, the 2008 GT Line gets a digital instrument binnacle 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with TomTom navigation. Plus there's half-leather upholstery with lime green stitching, heated front seats, a leather-covered sports steering wheel, aluminium pedals, automatic air conditioning and an eight-colour ambient lighting system. Buyers also get a 180-degree reversing camera, a wireless smartphone charger, a voice recognition system, four USB sockets and 'Apple CarPlay'/'Android Auto' smartphone-mirroring. As you'd expect, a wide range of driver assistance and safety technologies are available this time round. Go for the auto gearbox (or an e-2008 model) and the adaptive cruise control system you can have has the ability to make the car automatically stop and go in heavy traffic. You can have this system with a manual gearbox too, where it operates down to 18mph. Lane departure warning, auto parking and blind spot monitoring systems are available too. Go for a variant with the largest 10-inch centre dash infotainment display and you'll get built-in navigation, plus 'Apple CarPlay'/'Android Auto' smartphone-mirroring.
Cost of Ownership
The engines that have been announced for this 2008 are some of the most economical units that Peugeot make, so running one of these vehicles shouldn't break the bank. Expect the 1.2-litre PureTech petrol variants that most will buy to be very acceptably clean and frugal. With the 100hp manual model, you can expect to manage around 50mpg on the WLTP combined cycle and return an NEDC-rated CO2 reading of just over 100g/km, which is pretty good going for a car in this segment. The 1.5-litre BlueHDi diesel version of course does much better. Around 65mpg on the combined cycle should be theoretically possible, along with up well under 100g/km of NEDC-rated CO2. But of course if you're really interested in ecological efficiency, there'll be just one variant of this car that'll interest you, the all-electric e-2008. For this derivative, Peugeot claims a WLTP-rated driving range between charges of 193 miles. And fast charging at the rate of 100kW is available via a CCS socket hidden behind the fuel cap, with an 0-80% charge achievable in around 30 minutes. If you install a wallbox at home, you can recharge the battery from empty in around five hours if you have an 11kW electricity supply - or in around eight hours with a 7.4kW supply. Bear in mind that the e-2008 is around 350kgs heavier than the ordinary version.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Peugeot 2008 1.2 PureTech Allure Premium 5dr Petrol Estate for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best Peugeot 2008 1.2 PureTech Allure Premium 5dr Petrol Estate deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Metallic - Orange fusion
- Metallic paint
- Tri material cloth/leather upholstery
- Programmable cruise control and speed limiter
- Tri material leather/cloth - Traxx/Isabella trim with light blue double stitching
- Tailgate with heated rear windscreen and wiper blade
- Dark tinted Rear side and tailgate windows
- One touch electric front/rear windows with pinch protection
- Rear windscreen wiper triggered automatically in reverse gear
- Front windscreen wiper
- Electric parking brake
- Front and rear disc brakes
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Braking Distribution) and EBA (Emergency Braking Assistance)
- ESP (Electronic Stability Program) + Hill Start Assist
- Smart phone docking station
- Bluetooth telephone facility
- Lane keep assist
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Peugeot connect SOS and assistance
- Driver attention warning
- Speed limit recognition and recommendation
- Push button start
- Multi function trip computer
- Mirror screen with mirror link, apple carplay and andriod auto
- Exterior temperature indicator with ice warning
- 2 front USB socket with USB-C
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with compact steering wheel
- PEUGEOT i-Cockpit with configurable 3D headup instrument panel
- 10" Capacitive colour touchscreen with connected 3D navigation with Piano keys gloss black plated toggle switches to access touchscreen
- Electrochrome rear view mirror
- Electric heated and power folding door mirrors
- Carbon effect Dashboard, front and rear door panel finish
- 2 USB sockets in rear
- DAB Radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting)
- Voice recognition for radio, navigation and telephony features
- 6 speakers radio with mp3 compatible
Exterior Body Features
- Colour coded rear spoiler
- Wheel arch extensions
- Gloss black roof bars
- Chrome front lower bumper
- Gloss black finish on B pillar
- Gloss black rear cluster connecting strip
- Model designation badges front and rear
- Body coloured exterior door handles
- Radiator grille chrome chequered
- Colour coded door mirror shells
- Radiator grille gloss black higher part
- Black front wing trim with gloss black detail
- Colour coded roof
- LED front fog lights
- Headlights left on audible warning
- 2 X Rear number plate lights
- Rear reversing lights
- LED daytime running lights with distinctive tooth design
- Rear full LED 3D peugeot signature claw effect lights with daylight function
- Halogen Eco LED headlights
- Automatic air conditioning
- Leather steering wheel
- High centre console
- 12V socket
- Gear shift indicator
- Electric power steering with reach and rake adjustable steering column
- Roof lining - light grey
- Gear lever - manual in satin chrome
- Piano keys gloss black plated toggle switches to access main functions of the vehicle
- Light blue contrast stitching to front centre console, door panels and dashboard facia
- Central front armrest with storage compartment
- Modular boot floor
- Front LED interior light with 2 reading spotlights and rear interior light with timer
- Visibility pack - 2008
- Tyre pressure sensor
- Front and rear curtain airbags
- Driver/front passenger side airbags
- Adaptive driver and front passenger airbags with passenger airbag deactivation function
- 2x 2nd row ISOFIX child seat mountings
- Child locking functionality on rear doors
- Active safety brake with night fuction/cyclists/pedestrians
- Front and rear three-point retractable seatbelts, with force limiters
- Front optimised safety headrests and rear retractable headrests (x3), height adjustable
- 1/3 to 2/3 split folding rear seats
- Seatbelt unfastened on the move audible and visual alert for front and rear seats
- Driver and front passenger seat manual adjustment in longitudinal and back rest angle
- ISOFIX child seat mounting points on passenger seat
- Driver and front passenger seat mechanical height adjustment
- Driver and front passenger comfort seats
- Thatcham Cat.1 alarm
- Automatic hazard light activation upon heavy brake application
- Electronic code immobiliser
- Automatic door locking when moving off
Wheels - Alloy
- 17" Salamanca diamond cut alloy wheels
Wheels - Spare
- Space saver spare wheel
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 10.9
- Engine Power - BHP 99
- Engine Power - KW 73
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 5500
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 151
- Engine Torque - NM 205
- Engine Torque - RPM 1750
- Top Speed 115
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.