0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Rear wash/wipe, Electronic stability control, Comfort suspension, Bluetooth audio streaming with handsfree system, Rear view camera, Low fuel warning light, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Chrome interior detailing - door and dashboard decorative inserts...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 58 mpg EC Extra Urban - 64 mpg EC Urban - 49.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Need a family SUV with seven seats? Bored by what's on offer? SEAT hopes you'll like its offering, the Tarraco. You get Volkswagen Group engineering, sharp styling, plenty of interior space and, the Iberian maker hopes, a dash of Spanish flair. Which this car will need to stand out in its segment.
Just how important is it for a mid-range 'D'-segment 7-seat family SUV to be 'sporty'. Not very, according to the key protagonists in this segment. SEAT disagrees and is positioning this car, the Tarraco, as a slightly more responsive choice for folk who want to feel that they're driving more than just a crossover-cultured bus after they've dropped the kids off at school. Of course, the Spanish maker needed something to set this contender a little apart from the mechanically almost identical Volkswagen Group models that share its MQB-A platform, the Skoda Kodiaq and the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace. It wasn't so very long ago that SEAT didn't have a single SUV in its line-up. Now, this Tarraco sits at the head of the company's crossover triumvirate that already includes the little Ibiza-based Arona and the slightly larger Leon-structured Ateca. It's the biggest car the brand has yet made and will only be offered in our market with 7 seats. But will it live up to its maker's expectations? Let's find out.
SEAT says it's put a lot of work into driving feedback so that this car will feel 'sportier' than its rivals. The same people who made its smaller Ateca stablemate so alert and nimble claim to have repeated their magic here, with sharp steering and supple multi-link rear suspension which can be enhanced with optional 'ACC' adaptive damping. The Tarraco offers five direct injection turbocharged engines, three of them petrol, two diesel. Predictably, we've seen them all before in various VW Group models, things kicking off with a 1.5-litre petrol TSI unit mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and front-wheel drive. The alternative mainstream petrol option, the 190PS 2.0-litre TSI unit, comes only in high spec guise with a 7-speed DSG auto 'box and 4WD. There's also a PHEV Plug-in hybrid variant available, which mates a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine with an 85kW electric motor and a 13kWh lithium-ion battery pack. Both the diesels are 2.0 TDI unit, the choice being between a 150PS powerplant with front wheel drive and a 190PS variant with 4WD. If you're regularly going to be using the third seating row and really loading the car up, then the extra grunt of the pokier powerplants will obviously be useful. The 4WD system that these pricier powertrains offer is, as usual in this class, of the 'on-demand' variety, cutting in when a loss of traction is detected. Predictably, the AWD isn't there to enable any sort of prodigious level of off road prowess; there isn't really the ground clearance for that. Instead, this Tarraco is very firmly tarmac-orientated, like SEAT's other SUVs.
Design and Build
SEAT Design boss Alejandro Mesonero says that the styling of this Tarraco gives 'a hint' to the company's future styling direction. By that, he presumably means that the slightly different design approach that this SUV features in its headlamps and front grille will in future be replicated on other models. The Spaniard claims that the aesthetics will make 'a strong first impression'; you may disagree. What's not up for debate though is that this is a fairly substantial thing by class standards. Measuring in a 4,735mm long and 1,658mm tall, it's 38mm longer than its Skoda Kodiaq class cousin. That and the 2.8m wheelbase facilitate a roomy cabin. And quite a sophisticated-looking one, thanks primarily to a 10.25-inch digital instrument binnacle and the placement of a 'floating' 8-inch infotainment screen on top of the dashboard. The 10.25-inch digital instrument display you'll view through the steering wheel allows drivers to access everything from classic information found on analogue dials to full-colour maps and navigation. Controlling the information provided is simple and requires the driver to merely press the steering wheel-mounted 'View' control button to scroll through the three different available main displays. What else? Well 2nd row seat room is aided by that long wheelbase, but the third row will suit children only. Out back, there's 700-litre of luggage space, which increases to 1,775-litres when all the seats are folded.
Market and Model
The Tarraco sells in the £29,000 to £40,000 bracket - so, in other words, there's the same kind of price spread as you'll find on a rival Skoda Kodiaq, though it's one that notably undercuts competitors like Volkswagen's Tiguan Allspace, Hyundai's Santa Fe and even Kia's Sorento. There are the usual 'SE', 'SE Technology', 'FR', 'FR Sport', 'Xcellence' and 'Xcellence Lux' trim levels. Safety-wise, 'Front assist with bicycle detection', 'Lane assist' and Emergency Call are all standard throughout the range, while Adaptive Cruise Control is standard on the Tarraco in 'Xcellence' trim. SEAT offers a plethora of additional systems too, including 'Emergency Assist', 'Blind Spot Detection and 'Exit Assist', 'Traffic Sign Recognition', 'Traffic Jam Assist' and 'Light Assist' as options, while it has also introduced two new safety systems for the first time: 'Pre-Crash Assist' and 'Rollover Assist'. The Tarraco claims to be extremely well connected too, thanks to its brand's 'Full Link' technology built into its centre-dash infotainment screen, which incorporates 'Android Auto' and 'Apple CarPlay' smartphone-mirroring. Access to calls, messages, music and voice recognition as well as a bespoke 'SEAT Drive' App, means that the Tarraco allows you to network wherever and whenever. In addition, Amazon Alexa is also available to help you manage your personal schedule, play music, navigate to points of interest, request personalised news or find the nearest SEAT dealership.
Cost of Ownership
The headline engine is SEATs well regarded 1.5 TSI petrol turbo unit and it should certainly prove to be very frugal. Expect the 150PS version to manage just over 40mpg on the combined cycle and just under 150g/km of CO2. Obviously, the 150PS 2.0-litre TDI diesel will be much better. Expect about 50mpg and about 145g/km. For the 2.0 TSI 4x4 auto petrol variant, you're looking at just under 40mpg and around 170g/km. And for the 2.0 TDI 190PS DSG auto diesel version, the readings will be around 48mpg and about 152g/km. If frugality is everything, you'll want to consider the PHEV variant which mates a 1.4-litre TSI petrol engine with an 85kW electric motor and a 13 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. This derivative offers a 31 mile all-electric driving range and boasts WLTP-rated CO2 emissions of less than 50g/km. All models get an automatic stop & start system to cut the engine when you don't need it, stuck in traffic or waiting at the lights. If you want to go further, then you'll need to talk to your SEAT dealer about the Plug-in hybrid variant that's been developed as part of the model range. This, the company claims, will offer an electric driving range of 31 miles and a CO2 output of less than 50g/km of CO2. What else? Well there's SEAT's usual three year/60,000 mile warranty. That's unexceptional when rivals like Hyundai offer five years of cover as standard and Kia offers up to seven years. However, the SEAT deal is extendable, so you might be able to negotiate on that. And it includes two years of Europe-wide roadside assistance. SEAT dealers also offer an 'It's Fixed!' low cost servicing programme. To even out the cost of regular maintenance, you can take up fixed price servicing packages for up to three scheduled halts and they go with the car when you sell it if the balance has still to be used.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new SEAT Tarraco 2.0 TDI Xcellence 5dr Diesel Estate for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best SEAT Tarraco 2.0 TDI Xcellence 5dr Diesel Estate deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Metallic - Reflex silver
- Metallic - Atlantic blue
- Metallic - Deep black
- Metallic - Oryx White
- Metallic - Dolphin grey
- Metallic - Merlot red
- Metallic - Camouflage green
- Solid - Urano grey
- Metallic paint
- Solid paint
- Overhead storage compartment
- Baza cloth upholstery + sports seats
- Rear reading lights
- Front courtesy light with front reading lights
- Baza cloth - Grey with brown alcantara + sports seats
- Emergency tyre repair kit
- Rear wash/wipe
- Electric front/rear windows
- Rain sensing wipers
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Electronic stability control
- Traction control
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold
- Hill hold control
- Comfort suspension
- Bluetooth audio streaming with handsfree system
- Rear view camera
- Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
- Front assist city emergency braking and pedestrian protection
- Lane assist
- RPM counter
- Power assist steering
- Self parking functionality (includes front and rear parking sensors)
- SEAT Drive profile - 4 different modes, progressive steering, 4Drive versions with off-road/snow, steering response, throttle response
- Low fuel warning light
- e-Call (emergency call)
- Outside temperature gauge
- Trip computer
- Digital clock
- 'Lights On' Remainder warning buzzer
- Wash water level indicator
- Digital cockpit
- 10.25" digital cockpit
- Full Link Wireless Smartphone Integration with Mirror Link, Apple Car Play
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors
- Heated door mirrors
- Chrome interior detailing - door and dashboard decorative inserts
- Steering wheel mounted audio/telephone controls
- Navigation system with 9.2" colour touchscreen with proximity sensor, 3D Map display, DAB, AM/FM Radio, 3 USB (type C), Aux-in, 8 speakers, SD card
- USB (type C) cable for Apple and Android compatibility
Exterior Body Features
- Fuel door linked to central locking
- Hidden exhaust pipe
- Body coloured bumpers
- Body colour door mirrors and handles
- Chrome roof rails
- Power locking and remote control with two foldable keys and opening boot selector
- Chrome front grille frame
- Illuminated aluminium front door sill with XCELLENCE logo
- Chrome window trim
- Auto headlights with automatic coming and leaving home function
- Front halogen fog lights with cornering function
- Automatic headlight adjustment
- LED daytime running lights
- Rear fog lights
- Full LED headlights with LED rear lights
- LED licence plate lighting
- 3 zone climate control
- Black interior roof
- Front cupholders
- Centre armrest in front with air outlet in rear
- Luggage compartment floor with split function
- Leather steering wheel
- Tool kit
- Leather gear knob
- Leather wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Four cargo rings in the boot
- Storage draw under front passenger seat
- Gear shift indicator
- Three 12V sockets
- Illuminated glovebox
- Seat connect with safety, serivice, remote and online
- Illuminated boot
- Sliding boot cover
- Ambient spot lighting and front footwell illumination
- Instrument lighting with brightness control
- White ambient lighting in front and rear door panels + LED lights in interior door handles
- Welcome lighting
- Front side airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Seatbelt reminders for all seats
- Two curtain airbags
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Drivers knee airbag
- Front passenger airbag deactivation
- Tiredness recognition system
- Driver/front passenger airbag
- 3x3 point rear seatbelts
- Height adjustable driver's seat
- Height adjustable front headrests
- Driver/passenger lumbar adjustment
- ISOFIX points in outer 2nd row seats and front passenger seat with top tether anchorage points
- Easy fold rear seat system - second and third row
- Forward and backward adjustable seats 2nd row
- Height adjustable passenger seat
- Rear armrest and easy back seat release mechanism from boot
- Front seat back storage pockets
- Folding table on front seat backrests
- Rear head restraints
- Keyless enter and go with electric tailgate with virtual pedal
- Locking wheel bolts
- Central locking
- XDS electronic differential lock
- Driver and passenger sunvisor with covered and illuminated mirror
Wheels - Alloy
- 19" Supreme machined matt black alloy wheels 37/1
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 10.2
- Engine Power - BHP 150
- Engine Power - KW 110
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 3500
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 251
- Engine Torque - NM 340
- Engine Torque - RPM 1750
- Top Speed 125
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.