0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Front/rear floor mats, Rain sensor, Electronic parking brake, Voice control system, Front assist with pedestrian protection, Stop/start engine system and energy recovery, Driver fatigue sensor, Auto dimming rear view mirror...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 53 mpg EC Extra Urban - 63 mpg EC Urban - 42.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Skoda's Superb features a smart suit, a slick chassis and strong engines in this improved version of the MK3 model. Hatch and estate versions of this enhanced design look sharper inside and out and the brand now offers a Plug-in hybrid option for the first time too. Plus the pricing remains sensible.
If there's one thing that's defined the Skoda Superb, it's that every time it's been launched, the Czech company seems to think it'll enjoy greater success if it's pushed further upmarket. Given that the vast majority of Skoda's profits comes from small cars, that seems quite a leap of faith, but look at the way the market works and you'll start to see the logic. The Superb's rivals, amongst which you can count cars like the Ford Mondeo, the Vauxhall Insignia and the Mazda6, have done likewise. With each successive iteration they get bigger and more polished. To not follow would leave the Superb battling over some very meagre scraps. If you like the sound of a Skoda with real presence, you're probably going to love the MK3 model Superb. The exterior is a whole lot more assertive, with a clean, design-led approach. It's a sign of a more confident Skoda and that's always been a good sign when it comes to their products.
As you'd expect, this updated Superb has been fitted out with the latest suite of Volkswagen Group engines and these are all mated to DSG auto transmission, demand for manual gearboxes in cars of this size having petered out somewhat. The petrol range kicks off with a 150PS 1.5-litre TSI EVO unit. Next up is a revised version of the 2.0-litre TSI powerplant with 190PS; and the top petrol powerplant is a 2.0-litre TSI engine developing 280PS, which comes with all-wheel drive as standard. In the diesel line-up, the starting point is a 122PS version of the usual 2.0 TDI unit. Next up is a heavily revised 2.0-litre 150PS diesel unit now badged 'TDI EVO'. Beyond that is the 2.0 TDI 200PS unit, which can optionally be ordered with all-wheel drive. You can also have a Superb iV plug-in hybrid model, powered by a 1.4 TSI petrol engine that delivers 156PS and is boosted by an 85kW electric motor. The combined maximum power output of the two power sources is 218PS - which promises to deliver exceptional performance along with significantly reduced fuel consumption and emissions. On the move, as ever in a Superb, the ride and refinement are exemplary and the dynamic demeanour of the car is sharper than you might expect, thanks to its light, stiff MQB chassis. As a result, the car feels surprisingly agile through bends you'll be able to attack with reasonable gusto thanks to feelsome steering and a standard XDS+ Electronic Differential Lock that reduces understeer and improves stability as you turn.
Design and Build
As ever, there's a body style choice between hatch and estate. Visual changes to this revised version of Skoda's third generation Superb are relatively slight; you'll need to be a brand enthusiast to note the smarter, narrower full-LED headlamps and tail lights, plus the restyled bumpers and revised badging. The front grille now bears double slats, is larger and protrudes a little further down into the front bumper. At the rear, a horizontal chrome trim strip, which connects the full LED tail lights and the new 'SKODA' block lettering, might catch the eye, as might the smarter 18 and 19-inch wheel designs. Inside, if you owned an earlier version of this MK3 model, you might notice this revised car's extra chrome highlighting, the revised seat covers and the extra decorative trims for the centre console and dashboard. Added 'Simply Clever' touches include a space organiser beneath the boot floor. And a 'Phone Box' system that allows for inductive handset charging. A fully digital 'Virtual Cockpit' instrument display screen is now optional too, replacing their usual dials. As ever with a Superb, space for rear seat passengers is class-leading thanks to this MK3 model's lengthy 2,841mm wheelbase. And the boot is huge too, rated at 625-litres in the Hatch version, expanding to a cavernous 1,760-litres with the rear seat backs folded. If this still isn't big enough, you'll need to talk to your dealer about the estate variant. Here, there's a 660-litre boot, expandable to an impressive 1,950-litres when the seats are folded.
Market and Model
Prices for this revised model sit in the £24,000 to £42,000 bracket. There's a £1,320 premium to go from the hatch body style to the estate. UK range consists of four familiar trim grades; 'SE', 'SE L', 'SportLine Plus' and 'Laurin & Klement'. Plus DSG auto transmission is now standard across the line-up. As before, all models in the range feature high levels of standard equipment, with every variant including full-LED front and rear lights, along with seven airbags, a touchscreen infotainment system with DAB, voice control and Skoda's 'SmartLink+' set-up for 'Apple CarPlay'/'Android Auto' smartphone connectivity. The most popular variants are the 'SE' models which come with 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone climate control, front and rear parking sensors and electrically folding door mirrors with boarding spot lighting. In terms of driver assistance, 'SE' models come equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control, Light assistant and Driver fatigue sensor as standard. Business customers opting for the 'SE Technology' derivatives benefit from leather upholstery and heated front seats, Light Assist with high beam control, Blind Spot Detection and the brand's 'Amundsen' infotainment system with touchscreen display and integrated Wi-Fi. 'SE Technology' models are also equipped with Drive Mode selection allowing you to tweak throttle, steering and gearchange feel to suit the way you want to drive.
Cost of Ownership
Skoda has forged its modern-day reputation on building quality cars that aren't expensive to run. Here's another one. As before, there's an 'Energy Recovery' set-up to reclaim energy that would otherwise be lost under braking or during cruising. And the usual Start/stop system to cut the engine when you don't need it, stuck at the lights or waiting in traffic. Plus the driver can do his or her bit by keeping an eye on the gearshift indicator on the dash. All these things of course aid the WLTP efficiency returns you'll get. The 2.0 TDI 122PS Hatch manages up to 58.9mpg on the combined cycle and up to 127g/km of CO2; for the 2.0 TDI 150PS version, the figures are little different - 57.7mpg and 128g/km. For the 2000PS model, the figures are up to 49.6mpg and up to 148g/km of CO2. For the 2.0 TSI 190PS petrol Hatch, the figures are up to 39.2mpg and 163g/km. If you really want to drive down your running costs, it's worth asking your dealer about the Superb iV plug-in hybrid model, powered by a 1.4 TSI petrol engine that delivers 156PS and is boosted by an 85kW electric motor. This offers CO2 emissions of up to 30g/km, along with an all-electric, zero-emission range of up to 35 miles thanks an integrated 13kWh battery.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new SKODA Superb 1.5 TSI SE L 5dr DSG Petrol Hatchback for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best SKODA Superb 1.5 TSI SE L 5dr DSG Petrol Hatchback deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Solid - Energy blue
- Electrically adjustable driver's seat with memory and lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- Height adjustable front passenger seat
- Solid paint
- Electrically operated Boot release
- 2 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel
- Rear windscreen wiper
- Multifunction colour trip computer
- Wireless smartlink+ apple carplay, SmartLink+ android auto and mirror link connectivity
- Amundsen HDD satellite navigation system with 8" colour TFT touch screen, web radio and integrated Wi-Fi
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Blind Spot Detection (BAS)
- Drive mode selection with 4 driving modes - normal, sport, eco and individual
- Leather - Black
- Leather - Beige
- Dual zone electronic climate control + Nano-E humidity sensor
- 18" Antares alloy wheels with anti theft wheel bolts and super ROWI tyres
- 18" Zenith alloy wheels with anti theft wheel bolts and super ROWI tyres
- Tyre repair kit
- Rain sensor
- Privacy glass
- Front and rear electric windows
- Aero front windscreen wipers with intermittent function
- Electronic parking brake
- Hill start assist
- Electromechanical power steering
- ESC including ABS, EBV, MSR, ASR, EDS, HBA, DSR, RBS, CBC, multi-collision brake (MKB) and Auto hold
- Voice control system
- Bluetooth system
- CareConnect and Emergency Call
- Front assist with pedestrian protection
- Light assist with High beam control
- Stop/start engine system and energy recovery
- Driver fatigue sensor
- Auto dimming rear view mirror
- Electrically adjustable heated and folding door mirrors with memory function
- DAB Digital radio
- 2 USB ports
- Bolero radio with 8" touchscreen display
- in-car voice enchancement
Exterior Body Features
- Body colour door mirrors and handles
- Chrome window surround
- Chrome grille surround with chorme rib elements
- Chrome strip between rear lights
- Cornering front fog lights
- Full matrix LED headlights with AFS LED DRL integrated with headlight washer LED rear lights(High function), dynamic indicators and lighting animation
- Light assistant (coming/leaving home/tunnel light)
- Manual air conditioning
- Electric auxiliary air heater
- Rear centre armrest with cupholders
- Front armrest with storage box
- 12v power point in centre console
- Ice scraper
- Ticket holder on A Pillar
- Overhead glasses storage compartment
- Illuminated and cooled glovebox
- Removable parcel shelf
- Two umbrella compartments in driver and front passenger doors with one umbrella in driver's door
- One umbrella compartments in driver door with one umbrella in drivers door
- Removable LED light in boot
- Interior lights with control switches
- Dynamic indicators and lighting animations
- Full matrix LED headlights with AFS,LED DRL integrated with headlight washer, LED rear lights(low function), dynamic indicators and lighting animation
- Driver and passenger seatbelts with warning light
- Tyre pressure monitor
- 7 airbags - Front, front side, curtain, driver's knee airbag with front passenger deactivation switch
- 3 rear seatbelts
- Height adjustable driver/front passenger seats
- Split folding rear seats
- Height adjustable front and rear head restraints
- Isofix child seat fittings on outer rear seats
- Electronic engine immobiliser
- Remote central locking with SAFE system
- Alarm with interior monitoring tilt sensor and back up horn
- Keyless entry and start/stop
- Third remote key
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 9.2
- Engine Power - BHP 150
- Engine Power - KW 110
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 5000
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 184
- Engine Torque - NM 250
- Engine Torque - RPM 1500
- Top Speed 135
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.