0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Rear wiper, ABS, PAS, Remote control boot opening, Service indicator, Dipping rear view mirror, Chrome instrument cluster dial rings, Steering wheel mounted audio controls, Body colour door handles, Front fog lights...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 51 mpg EC Extra Urban - 58 mpg EC Urban - 44.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
Vauxhall has long offered MPV passenger-carrying versions of its compact Combo van on the Continent. Now it brings that kind of package to the UK market in the form of this small but spacious People Carrier, the Combo Life.
Is this more than just a van with windows? Vauxhall wants to convince you that the Combo Life is just that. Yes of course it's based on the Combo panel van, but this little MPV gets the kind of safety and media technology that most LCV drivers can only dream of. It comes in two lengths, gives you a choice of either five or seven seats and can swallow up to 2,693-litres if you load it up to the gunwhales. Is there room in your life for a vehicle as versatile as that, one that can average around 65mpg and is priced from no more than around £20,000? If so, then read on...
Combo Life buyers choose between three engines. There's a 1.2-litre 110PS petrol unit. Or a 1.5-litre CDTi diesel, developing either 100 or 130PS. The units are combined with five and six-speed manual transmissions. In addition, in a segment first, a low-friction eight-speed automatic with Quickshift technology can be ordered in combination with the top-of-the-range 1.5-litre 130PS diesel. Under the skin, there's an independent Bi-link suspension system that can provide reasonably supple ride comfort, yet is firm enough to resist body roll and support heavy loads. It's a decent compromise. Whichever variant you choose - standard or long - you'll find that the driving position pretty good, with the steeply raked windscreen and low bonnet combining to give great visibility. Couple that with big panoramic door mirrors and the result is a vehicle you can be confident about driving even the most congested city streets where the light steering facilitates a tight turning circle, 11.2m in the short wheelbase version and 12.5m for the long wheelbase model. As for refinement - usually a van-based MPV issue - well, the slightly clattery note at start-up settles down quite acceptably once you get up to speed. Ultimately, probably the biggest compliment you can really pay this Vauxhall is that at times, it's easy to forget you're driving a van-derived product.
Design and Build
The Combo Life is available in a 4.4-metre standard length version or a longer 4.75-metre long model, with two sliding rear doors as standard. Both variants have a height of 1.8 metres and are available with either five or seven seats. Style-wise, compared with other van-based MPVs in the segment, this one has a shorter front overhang and a higher bonnet, making it look more balanced. From the front, it displays a typical Vauxhall identity and the high bonnet features two crisp lines, which go from the windscreen down to the grille and emphasise the stability of the vehicle. As with most van-based MPVs, you get plenty of boot space. The five-seat, standard length version has a minimum luggage volume of 597-litres, while the long wheelbase model has a minimum luggage volume of 850-litres. With the rear seats folded down, the boot volume of the standard version more than triples to 2,126-litres. The longer version of the Combo Life offers even more capacity when the rear seats are folded down with up to 2,693-litres available. For passengers, there are five and seven-seat variants. Either way, you get three individual rear seats, all with ISOFIX child seat brackets, and you can specify an optional panoramic glass roof.
Market and Model
Priced from just under £20,000, the entry-level 'Design' 1.2-litre 110PS petrol 6-speed manual model features air conditioning, a DAB Radio with USB and Bluetooth audio streaming and 16-inch steel wheels with styled wheel covers. Moving up the range, the 'Energy' trim starts from around £22,000 for the five-seater 1.2-litre 110PS petrol 6-speed manual model. Standard specification includes an eight-inch colour touchscreen infotainment system, 16-inch alloy wheels and front and rear parking sensors. If you need space for more passengers, the 'Energy'-spec seven-seater starts from just under £22,000 for the 1.2-litre 110PS 6-manual model. Standard specification includes 35/30/35 split-folding second-row seats with a fold-flat facility, two removable third-row seats and two foldable tables with cup-holders. The Combo Life aims to raise the bar for safety and comfort in this segment. It is fitted with technologies and driver assistance systems that are more commonly seen in the compact or SUV sectors, such as Driver Drowsiness Alert, a rear view camera with 180?? bird's-eye view, a Head-up display, and an 'IntelliGrip' traction aid, as well as improved comfort features such as heated seats and a heated steering wheel.
Cost of Ownership
Running cost returns from the various turbo-charged, direct injection petrol and diesel engines are competitive, CO2 emissions starting from 111g/km and fuel economy of up to 67.3mpg possible for the 1.5-litre 100PS diesel. The 1.5-litre 130PS diesel manages 65.7mpg and 113g/km. And the 1.2-litre 110PS petrol variant delivers 51.4mpg and 125g/km. All powertrains meet the stringent Euro 6d-TEMP emissions standard. You'll also need to know that Vauxhall includes a three-year, 60,000 mile warranty as standard, a package that can be extended up to five years and 100,000 miles at extra cost. A year's free breakdown cover is also provided, along with a six-year anti-corrosion guarantee. Service intervals are at 20,000 miles or every 12 months, depending on which comes round sooner and you can opt for a service plan that lets you pay monthly to spread the cost of regular work to your car. As part of this, Vauxhall offers discounts on wear and tear items, such as brake pads and windscreen wipers.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Vauxhall Combo Life 1.2 Turbo Energy XL 5dr [7 seat] Petrol Estate for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best Vauxhall Combo Life 1.2 Turbo Energy XL 5dr [7 seat] Petrol Estate deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Touchscreen infotainment with 8" colour touch screen, DAB radio, USB/iPod, Bluetooth audio streaming, 4 speakers, apple CarPlay/android auto + RDS
- Solid - Onyx Black
- Solid - White Jade
- Solid paint
- 12V electrical accessory socket in passenger side
- Tailgate with heated window and wash wipe
- Cruise control + speed limiter
- Manual folding door mirrors
- Mistral cloth - Grey/Angora
- Air conditioning
- Tyre repair kit
- Rear wiper
- 2 speed wipers+variable intermittent wipe
- Tinted glass including windscreen
- Heated rear windscreen
- Electric front windows + drivers one touch
- Glazed tailgate
- Solar heat absorbing windscreen
- Nearside and offside sliding side access door with opening windows
- Traction control
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Emergency brake assist
- Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) - Engine Drag Torque Control
- Hill start assist
- CSC - Cornering stability control
- Manual park brake
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Front camera system
- Forward collision warning
- Driver alert system
- Lane departure warning with lane change assist
- Speed sign recognition
- Remote control boot opening
- Service indicator
- 3.5" colour information display
- Driver information centre with trip computer
- Central facia display with digital clock, outside air temperature and audio information
- Multi function trip computer - Trip odometer, vehicle range, average speed and fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy and driving time
- Dipping rear view mirror
- Body colour door mirrors
- Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
- Chrome instrument cluster dial rings
- Steering wheel mounted audio controls
- Instrumentation - Speedometer, rev counter, low fuel gauge warning light + water temperature gauge warning light, shift up/down indicate light
Exterior Body Features
- Body colour door handles
- Body colour bumpers
- Chrome-effect front grille bar
- Body colour bumpers, side protection mouldings and sliding rail cover
- Front fog lights
- Automatic lighting control
- Daytime running lights
- Pollen filter
- Height/reach adjust steering wheel
- Rear door pockets with bottle holders
- Chrome inner door handles
- Drawer under drivers seat
- Luggage compartment cover
- Mistral cloth upholstery
- Two drinks holder in centre console
- Two facia mounted drinks holders
- Large open storage pocket behind infotainment screen
- Small open storage compartment behind gear knob
- Two large and two small open door pockets
- Open storage compartment below glovebox
- Full width overhead storage shelf with ambient lighting
- Two foldable table with cupholders
- USB charging and infotainment in rear of centre console
- USB charging point in glovebox
- 12V electrical accessory socket in centre console
- Delay courtesy light function
- Front/rear courtesy lights
- Driver/passenger reading lights
- Adjustable dashboard illumination
- Welcome lighting
- Ambient Lighting
- Sight and light Pack - Combo Life
- Front seat side impact airbags
- Three 3 point rear seatbelts
- Front seatbelt force limiters
- Seatbelt warning
- Driver/Front Passenger airbags
- Child locks on rear doors
- Two inertia reel seatbelts - 3rd row
- Energy absorbing steering column
- Reinforced passenger safety cell
- Deformation zones front and rear
- Side impact protection beams
- Deflation detection system
- Driver drowsiness alert system
- Front seatbelt unfastened audible warning and warning light
- Deactivation switch for front passenger front and side impact airbags
- Full size curtain airbags for driver, front passenger and outer rear passenger seats
- Drivers and front passenger lap belt pretensioner system
- ISOFIX child seat mountings incorporating top tether anchor points located on second row rear seats
- Front seat back map pockets
- Driver's lumbar support
- Rear adjustable/removable headrests
- 4 way manually adjustable passenger seat with height, reach,till and backrest
- Sliding/reclining 3rd row seats
- 4 way adjustable front head restraints
- 2 individual 3rd row seats
- 6 way manually adjustable drivers seat
- 35/30/35 split fold 2nd row seats
- Front body-lock seatbelt pretensioners
- 2 folding and removable seats in 3rd row
- Anti submarining ramps in front seats
- Locking wheel nuts
- 2 remote folding keys
- Visible vehicle identification number
- Remote control central locking
- Engine deadlock and immobiliser
- Electronically protected audio equipment
- Driver/passenger sunvisors with illuminated vanity mirrors + covers
Wheels - Alloy
- 16" 7 spoke alloy wheels
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 12
- Engine Power - BHP 110
- Engine Power - KW 81
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Power - RPM 5500
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 151
- Engine Torque - NM 205
- Engine Torque - RPM 1750
- Top Speed 109
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.