0330 096 6451
- 3 Years Insurance
- 3 Years Servicing
- 3 Years Tax
- 3 Years Warranty
These prices are based on the Higher Rate Motability Component. Pricing and offers are correct at the date of publication and are subject to confirmation. Pricing may not be accurate as pricing is updated quarterly. Unless otherwise stated, metallic paint at extra cost. Library image for illustration purposes only.
Dark tinted rear side windows + tailgate window, Traction control, Auto tele unit 3S vehicle communication system, Electric power steering, Keyless entry and start, Service indicator, Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors...
It's easy with Motability! You choose the car, we do the rest.
Combined - 0 mpg EC Extra Urban - 0 mpg EC Urban - 0.
Insurance groups range from 1 to 50 and dictates the cost of the vehicles insurance. The higher the group, the higher the insurance will be for the vehicle.
BHP rates the engine performance of vehicles and stands for the brake horsepower.
CO2 is the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by the vehicle in grams per kilometre travelled, the lower the CO2 emissions the cleaner the vehicle is for the environment.
Number Of Seats
The total number of seats in the vehicle.
Road Tax is based upon the CO2 emissions of the vehicle and is split into 13 bands from A to M. The higher the letter the greater the cost of tax paid to drive the vehicle on public roads. In addition to the road tax detailed below, any vehicle that had a manufacturers retail price in excess of £40,000 when first sold, attracts a road tax supplement of an additional £320 per year. This is charged until the vehicle is 6 years old.
Ten Second Review
To suit the current zeitgeist, there's a version of Vauxhall's fifth generation Corsa supermini - this car, the Corsa-e - that's fully battery-powered. But would you want to pay the significant premium necessary to get it? Time to check out this little battery-powered hatch.
Supermini-sized full-electric cars haven't generally been very credible to date, with one or two notable exceptions. But times are changing. Pretty soon, most volume brand manufacturers are going to be offering little EVs with the kind of driving range you once had to pay luxury money for. Vauxhall has found itself in the vanguard of this change courtesy of the borrowed PSA Group technology we first saw in the Peugeot e-208 and the DS 3 Crossback E-TENSE. It appears in this car, the Corsa-e, the Griffin brand's very first Zero Emissions model.
Here, as with this model's cousin the Peugeot e-208, a 50kWh lithium-ion battery is mated to a 100kW electric motor putting out 136PS and working through the usual single-speed auto transmission you get with EVs. Like all electric vehicles, this one develops all its torque at once and simply hurls itself away from rest (the 30mph mark is reached in just 2.1s and 60mph is crested in only 7.6s), disguising the fact that (also like all EVs) this Zero Emissions variant has a bit of a weight problem - that drivetrain adds over 300kgs of bulk. That other small battery-powered little hatches manage this issue a little better is evidenced by the fact that the Corsa-e's WLTP-rated 209 mile driving range is easily improved upon by the latest versions of the Renault ZOE and the BMW i3. Still, all of this does represent a brave new world for forward-thinking supermini buyers looking to make the (still rather expensive) switch into all-electric motoring; it seems like only yesterday, after all, that a fully-charged small EV could only manage around half the kind of range you get from this one. Of course, you certainly won't achieve anything like that kind of operating capability if you get anywhere near this EV's quoted 93mph top speed. Or if you habitually drive your Corsa-e in the 'Sport' setting that'll be necessary to release to full 136PS power output just mentioned. The quoted range figure will only be distantly possible if you instead engage a somewhat restrictive 'Eco' mode that drops power output right down to 83PS.
Design and Build
Visually, this electric Corsa is virtually identical to the combustion-engined version, with the exception of different alloy wheel designs. An exterior highlight that Vauxhall is particularly proud of it's the fact that this is the first car in the class to feature adaptive glare-free full-LED headlights - the brand's 'IntelliLux LED Matrix' package, the kind of thing previously restricted to much larger cars. Inside, all Corsas have identical cabins, which centre around a new touchscreen infotainment system on the dash. Two set-ups are available to buyers: a seven-inch Multimedia Navi system or top-spec 10-inch Multimedia Navi Pro. Both monitors deliver the expected smartphone-mirroring functionality and of course there's navigation too - which is optional with the smaller screen. Avoid entry-level trim and you'll find another 7-inch digital display featuring with virtual dials in the instrument binnacle. Build quality doesn't match the highest standards in this class, but ergonomically, there's not much to fault. The seats are supportive, nothing's irritatingly awkward to get to and everything's exactly where you expect it to. Rear seat space is a bit cramped but boot room is the same as with the combustion-engined versions - 309-litres, extendable to 1,118-litres when you fold the rear bench.
Market and Model
For this all-electric Corsa-e, there are two available trim levels - SE Nav' and 'Elite Nav' - and you'll be paying in the £27,500 to £31,500 bracket, once the available £3,000 government Plug-in grant has been deducted from the mildly alarming initial asking price. This means, that, rather bravely, Vauxhall has priced the base Corsa-e around £900 above the entry-level 'Allure'-spec version of its Peugeot e-208 cousin. And a top-spec 'GT'-spec e-208 will save you nearly £1,500 over a top 'Ultimate Nav'-spec Corsa-e. Which is interesting positioning given that the two products are basically the same. Both the Corsa-e and the e-208 make more sense as EVs than another key Zero Emissions small car rival at this price point, the MINI Electric. That MINI's priced from around £28,000 and has a much lower operating range, a three-door-only body style and a tiny boot - plus it would probably cost around £3,000 more when equipped to a similar standard. There aren't really any other direct all-electric small hatch options. You can get battery-powered versions of the Volkswagen up!, the SEAT Mii and the Skoda Citigo from around £20,000, but they're all smaller city cars. A battery-powered family hatch like a Kia e-Niro would cost around £5,000 and a BMW i3 even more.
Cost of Ownership
If you're a Corsa-e owner, you'll need to know that getting anywhere near the quoted 209 mile WLTP-rated range figure will necessitate staying in the powertrain's provided 'Eco' mode - activating its 'Sport' mode setting will reduce your range by around 10%. What about charging times? Well, using the 7kW wallbox you'll need to get installed in your garage as a Corsa-e owner, a full charge from empty will take seven and-a-half hours. If when you're out and about, you find a public 50kW Rapid Charger, the replenishment time to charge from 15 to 80% is 45 minutes. If you're fortunate enough to find a 100kW Rapid Charger, that falls to 30 minutes. If the charger in question is a 22kW accelerated public charger, then the replenishment time will vary depending on whether you've paid a little extra to get the Corsa-e's standard 7.4kW on-board charger upgraded to 11kW spec. If you do that, you can reduce the 5 hour replenishment time with this kind of charger to 3 hours and 20 minutes. At the point of purchase of a Corsa-e, Vauxhall will throw in a free six month subscription to BP Chargemaster's Polar Network, which after that point would, at the time of this test, cost you £7.85 a month.
By Jonathan Crouch
If you're looking for a new Vauxhall Corsa 100kW Elite Nav 50kWh 5dr Auto [7.4kWCh] Electric Hatchback for sale, you've come to the right place. At Bristol Street Motors we don't just have the best Vauxhall Corsa 100kW Elite Nav 50kWh 5dr Auto [7.4kWCh] Electric Hatchback deals, we also offer friendly advice and help with all your enquiries to ensure your buying experience is a happy experience.
What are you waiting for? Make an enquiry online using the link above or call one of our friendly sales advisors today.
Key Standard Features*
- Metallic - Navy blue
- Metallic paint
- Black roof and door mirrors
- Imagination captain blue morrocana/mistral - Jet black
- Dark tinted rear side windows + tailgate window
- Rain sensitive windscreen wipers
- Solar heat absorbing windscreen
- Forward collision alert
- Glazed tailgate and heated rear window with wash/wipe facility
- Electrically operated front and rear windows
- Traction control
- Cornering brake control
- Emergency brake assist
- Auto city emergency braking
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- EBD - Electronic brakeforce distribution
- Drag torque control
- Electronic Stability Programme (ESP)
- Electrically operated parking brake
- Hill hold and start system
- Auto tele unit 3S vehicle communication system
- Electric power steering
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Front camera system
- Traffic sign recognition
- Panoramic rear view camera
- Lane departure warning with lane assist
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Front pedestrian detection BASIS
- Keyless entry and start
- Two litre open door pockets
- Service indicator
- Lights on audible warning
- 7" TFT instrument cluster
- Central facia display with digital clock, outside air temperature and audio information
- Multi function trip computer - Trip odometer, vehicle range, average speed and fuel economy, instantaneous fuel economy and driving time
- Vauxhall connect box
- Engine oil life indicator
- Infotainment remote controls right side of steering wheel, telephone buttons on left side
- Multimedia Nav pro info system 10" touchscreen,Sat-Nav,European coverage,2D/3D street map,Bluetooth audio stream/Apple carplay/Android auto
- USB with iPod control
- Electrically adjustable and heated door mirrors
- Electrochromic automatic anti-dazzle rear view mirror
- Electrically folding door mirrors
- Electronic returnless fuel system
- Under body shield for aero
- DAB Digital radio
- Six speakers
- Steering wheel audio, phone and cruise controls
- Instrumentation - Speedometer, rev counter, low fuel gauge warning light + water temperature gauge warning light, shift up/down indicate light
Exterior Body Features
- Body colour door handles
- High gloss black finish B pillar
- A pillar in black
- Chrome effect lower side window mouldings
- Body colour front and rear bumpers
- Roof antenna short rod
- Chrome logo bar
- Integrated rear roof spoiler level 2 ECO
- Sports tailgate spoiler
- Bonnet/headlight/wiper structure
- Automatic headlamp levelling
- Rear fog lamp
- Automatic headlight control system
- Centre Rear Brake Lights
- LED daytime running lights
- High beam assist
- Rear reversing lights
- LED front fog lamps
- Hazard warning lights
- Headlamps for left side traffic
- Uplevel LED tail lamp
- Four adjustable facia vents
- Auto single zone electronic climate control - sensor air moisture W/S temp, air/pollutant/odour filter
- Legroom rear heater
- Windscreen and side window demist vents
- Six speed fan with illuminated controls
- Front seatback storage pockets
- 12V power sockets
- 3 spoke flat bottom leather steering wheel with silver painted bezel + IRC
- Rake and telescope adjustable steering column
- 2 layer paint IP insert signature wings colour galvano innovation
- Illuminated load compartment trunk
- Imagination captain blue morrocana/mistral upholstery
- Polyurethane gear knob/lever
- Right hand drive (RHD)
- Illuminated glovebox with lid
- Flat bottomed leather steering wheel
- Luggage compartment lighting
- Courtesy lights with map reading light
- LED ambient lighting
- Single dome lamp with dual front reading lamps
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Tyre deflation detection system
- Single tone horn
- Driver drowsiness alert system
- Front seatbelt unfastened audible warning and warning light
- Inertia reel lap and diagonal seatbelts for all seats
- Electrical child lock system in rear door latch
- ISOFIX child seat mountings incorporating top tether anchor points located on second row rear seats
- Deactivation switch for front passenger's airbag
- Height adjustable head restraints
- Heated front seats + steering wheel
- 60/40 split folding rear seat
- Comfort front seats
- 2 way adjustment front driver and co-driver passive headrest
- 6 way manual co-driver fore/aft, up/down with reclining seatback
- 6 way manual fore/aft, up/down with reclining driver seatback
- Locking wheel nuts
- Remote locking fuel filler flap
- Remote control security alarm system
- Engine deadlock and immobiliser
- Sunshades with vanity mirror on driver and passenger side
Wheels - Spare
- Tyre repair kit
- 0 to 60 mph (secs)
- 0 to 62 mph (secs) 8.1
- Engine Power - BHP 136
- Engine Power - KW 100
- Engine Power - PS
- Engine Torque - LBS.FT 192
- Engine Torque - NM 260
- Top Speed 93
Terms & Conditions: Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown. However, errors do sometimes occur. The specification of each vehicle listed on the Bristolstreet website is provided by "CAP". Please note that the Images of each vehicle are range shots, these can include images which do not reflect the precise details of the vehicle you are looking at and are purely used for illustrative purposes. The inclusion of such data does not imply any endorsement of any of its content nor any representation as to its accuracy.
*Vehicle reviews are conducted by an independent reviewer, information, images and specifications included may not be correct.