- Foldable shovel – If you haven’t felt the pain of being snowed in, you won’t know how important having a shovel is. Nothing fun about trying to dig your car out of the snow with your hands.
- Foil blanket – These lightweight and compact blankets not only keep you warmer in very cold conditions, they also keep you protected against wind and rain! (Tinfoil is not a good substitute).
- De-icer – We live in the UK. ‘Nuff said.
- Scraper – Credit cards work fine...until they snap. Best off investing in the real deal!
- Water and non-perishable snacks – Snacks in the car are a must most of the time but it’s worth making sure you have something to eat and drink in case the worst happens and you can’t leave the car because it’s just TOO COLD.
- Phone Charger – How are you going to update your status if your phone is dead? Oh and call for assistance if you need it.
- Torch – Thanks to daylight savings time and other earthly phenomena, we get less hours of light during the winter so equip yourself with a torch (and don’t forget batteries if it takes them!).
- Gloves, hat and scarf – Pretty self-explanatory but always better to double check that you have warm clothing in the car.
- Rock Salt – Great to have this in the car if you get into a pickle with icy roads. Sprinkle rock salt and it should help melt the ice so you can be on your way!
- First Aid Kit – We would always recommend having a first aid kit in the car, just in case but even more so in the winter. It’s always good to be prepared!
If you are a little strapped for time, why not let us do the hard work for you? Our Winter Check includes a comprehensive check of the car, fluid replenishment up to 0.5L PLUS a free Winter Safety Pack which includes much of the above, all for £29.99!