Aiden McGeady has been voted the League One PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ Player of the Month for February.
In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Irish winger won with 28% of the vote, beating Doncaster’s Mallik Wilks, who finished in second place with 19%.
In the second of five divisional votes carried out over nine days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs and press, it was clear that the McGeady’s standout performances – in which he scored six goals - has resonated with football fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- Aiden McGeady (Sunderland) - 28%
- Mallik Wilks (Doncaster Rovers) – 19%
- Cauley Woodrow (Barnsley) – 18%
- Matty Pearson (Luton Town) - 13%/li>
- James Collins (Luton Town) - 12%
- Bradley Collins (Burton Albion) - 10%
The League Two vote opens at 11am on Thursday 7th February. To vote go to: