Aoife Mannion has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors FA Women’s Super League Fans’ Player of the Month for April. In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Birmingham City defender won with 17.5% of the vote, narrowly beating Arsenal’s Beth Mead who finished in second place with 16.8%.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over nine days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs, it was clear that Mannion’s performances at the back – including three wins out of three in April - has resonated with football fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
• Aoife Mannion (Birmingham City) – 17.5%
• Beth Mead (Arsenal) – 16.8%
• Leah Williamson (Arsenal) – 16.7%
• Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal) – 16.5%
• Ellen White (Birmingham City) – 16.3%
• Hayley Ladd (Birmingham City) – 16.2%
The Premier League Fans’ Player of the Year vote opens at 3pm on Friday 24th May. To vote go to: