Sophie Baggaley has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors FA Women’s Super League Fans’ Player of the Year. In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Bristol City keeper won with a staggering 27% of the vote, beating Arsenal’s Vivianne Miedema who finished in second place with 16.5%.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over thirteen days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs, it was clear that Baggaley’s performances in between the posts – including six clean sheets and two previous PFA player of the month awards - has resonated with football fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
• Sophie Baggaley (Bristol City) – 27%
• Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal) – 16.5%
• Georgia Stanway (Manchester City) – 15.3%
• Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea) – 15%
• Danielle van de Donk (Arsenal) – 14.8%
• Nikita Parris (Manchester City) – 11.4%