Elliot Embleton has been voted the League 2’s PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ Player of the Month by football fans across the country.
In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Grimsby Town midfielder (who is on loan from Sunderland) won by a landslide, receiving 51% of the vote for December with Mansfield fill back, Ryan Sweeney, taking second place.
In the fourth of five divisional votes carried out over eleven days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs and press, it was clear that Embleton’s strong performances over the last month – where he scored a goal and helped his side win all five of their December league fixtures - has resonated not just with Mariners fans, but with supporters of all teams.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- Elliot Embleton (Grimsby Town) - 51%
- Ryan Sweeney (Mansfield Town) – 17%
- Jerry Yates (Carlisle Utd) – 13%
- Nathan Cameron (Macclesfield Town) – 11%
- George Williams (Forest Green Rovers) - 5%
- Reece Brown (Forest Green Rovers) – 3%
The FA WSL vote opens at 11am on Friday 11th January. To vote go to: