Yeovil Town Ladies FC goalkeeper Megan Walsh has been voted the November Women’s PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ Player of the Month by football fans across the country.
In a competitive vote, run by fan engagement experts Snack Media, Walsh received 33% of the poll. Arsenal Women’s Dutch midfielder, Danielle van de Donk, took second place with 21%.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over eleven days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs, influencers and the press, it was clear that Walsh strong performances – where she kept a clean sheet vs Everton, despite 28 shots on her goal, to help Yeovil achieve their first win in 41 matches - resonated with Glovers fans and supporters of all clubs alike.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- Megan Walsh (Yeovil Town Ladies FC) - 33%
- Danielle van de Donk (Arsenal Women FC) – 21%
- Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal Women FC) – 15%
- Emma Follis (Birmingham City Women FC) – 13%
- Fara Williams (Reading Women) – 10%
- Brooke Chaplen (Reading Women) - 8%
Voting commences for the December Men’s Premier League Award on Friday 4th January 2019. Click here to vote!