Megan Walsh has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors FA Women’s Super League Fans’ Player of the Month for March. In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Yeovil Town keeper won with 28% of the vote, beating Arsenal’s Leah Williamson and Beth Mead who finished in joint second place with 16%.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over nine days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs, it was clear that the Walsh’s March performances –including a clean sheet against Everton - has resonated with football fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- • Megan Walsh (Yeovil Town) - 28%
- • Beth Mead (Arsenal) – 16%
- • Leah Williamson (Arsenal) – 16%
- • Nikita Parris (Manchester City) - 15%
- • Dominique Bloodworth (Arsenal) - 13%
- • Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea) - 12%
The April Premier League vote opens at 3pm on Friday 3rd May. To vote go to: