Vivanne Miedema has been voted the PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ WSL Player of the month for December.
In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the Dutch forward won with 22% of the vote, beating Manchester United Women’s Lauren James, who finished in second place with 20%.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over nine days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top-flight football clubs and press, it was evident that the Arsenal forward’s sublime performances – in which she scored 10 goals, including six in the victory over Bristol City - has resonated with football fans up and down the country.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal) - 22%
- Lauren James (Manchester United) - 20%
- Danielle van de Donk (Arsenal) - 19%
- Ellie Roebuck (Manchester City) – 15%
- Abbi Grant (Birmingham City) - 14%
- Katharina Baunach (West Ham) - 10%