Women's PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans' Player of the Month Award September
Bristol City Women FC’s Sophie Baggaley has been voted the first ever Women’s PFA Bristol Street Motors Fans’ Player of the Month by football fans across the country.
In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, the goalkeeper received 50% of the vote for September with Birmingham City Women’s Meaghan Sargeant taking second place.
In the final of five divisional votes carried out over eleven days via Snack’s digital and social networks and supported by top flight football clubs and press, it was clear that Baggaley’s strong performances – where she kept two clean sheets in four games and helped her side take points off of Man City and champions, Chelsea - over the last month has resonated with City’s fans and supporters of all clubs alike.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
- Sophie Baggaley (Bristol City Women FC) - 50%
- Meaghan Sargeant (Birmingham City Women FC) – 23%
- Steph Houghton (Man City Women) – 9%
- Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea Women) – 7%
- Nikita Parris (Man City Women) - 6%
- Kim Little (Arsenal Women) – 5%